Students with Accommodations
Instructional/Testing Accommodations - All Mesrobian students, regardless of age, grade, or subject may qualify for instructional/testing accommodations under the following guidelines:
- Parents must provide the school with a recent (dated within 4 years of submission) Individualized Education Program (IEP) or a 504 plan.
- Specific, written recommendations for the requested instructional accommodation(s) must be included in the evaluation.
- Mesrobian offers the following instructional accommodations:
- Extended time on tests, quizzes, and exams.
- Preferential seating within the classroom
- Use of a computer/Chromebook for essay writing on tests and exams
- Use of a computer/Chromebook for classroom notes (contingent upon classroom teacher approval)
- Other testing/instructional accommodations, as appropriate and reasonable within a college preparatory curriculum. (Mesrobian does not offer courses with modified curricula.)
Accommodations Eligibility for The College Board & ACT Testing
Students needing accommodations for standardized testing and college admissions tests must apply for those accommodations through the College Board or ACT (School’s SSD Coordinator may also apply on behalf of the student). Written approval from the College Board is necessary for a student to receive accommodations such as extended time on any College Board exam (PSAT, SAT I, SAT II,AP, and SAT Subject Tests). The ACT also has a formal approval process, and students must complete the appropriate applications for accommodations on the ACT exam (as well as ACT Aspire testing).